Water Damage Restoration Policy

Posted By on February 15, 2017

The Association has a “Bare Walls” policy. In the event of water intrusion into a unit caused by a component that the Association is responsible for maintaining, such as a plumbing or roof leak, the Association will repair the leak, perform the necessary remediation, replace the damaged section(s) of drywall, and texture and paint that drywall to match the existing wall.

The Association does not offer any reimbursement for damaged flooring or other interior components of the unit. Any relocation expenses incurred by the occupant of the affected unit will not be covered by the Association. It is the responsibility of the homeowners and tenants to properly insure their personal property and it is highly recommended that homeowners purchase insurance coverage that will cover the replacement of the interior components and improvements in a water intrusion event, in addition to covering any relocation expenses for the occupant.